Fall and winter may be a slower rental market, but we’re keeping busy at 8z Rentals. We recently gathered our entire team, to discuss and update our entire lease agreement for our 2015 lease documents. Here are the improvements that we added, that we think owners, such as yourself will appreciate.
- Updated the formatting of the entire lease to make it much easier to access critical information on the top page.
- Separated utilities into their own paragraph with easy to understand check boxes so it is clear about who is responsible, including who is responsible for connecting the utilities and when they need to be connected by.
- Defined “possession” to protect owners if tenants delay taking possession and are not aware of damages that can be incurred from failure to occupy the property.
- Addressed the issues of growing and smoking of marijuana in more detail.
- Integrated the pet addendum into the lease to make it more clear for tenants and owners.